Job Description: PORTFOLIO MANAGER:
We are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our growing German team. This is a full-time role based in either Berlin or Frankfurt.
This role requires someone who enjoys planning and developing, has real attention to detail and is skilled in the management of a team. The ideal candidate will be well organised, pro-active and a solutions orientated team player with strong communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, creative and innovative and come up with solutions, ideas and improvements on their own.
Greenman is a real estate investment fund manager who acquires, manages and operates funds created to own German food dominated retail centres.
Using this model Greenman has, since 2005, successfully selected, funded and purchased 63 properties in Germany with a total volume of over €600m for separate commercial real estate funds.
Greenman has 32 full time employees with 19 based in Dublin, 11 in Berlin and 2 in Frankfurt. In addition, the principals spend a large portion of their working week in Germany.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a dynamic character, ready to face the daily challenges of fast growing company while contributing to the growth of income and value of the real estate portfolio to join our dynamic team as a Portfolio Manager.
The role of Portfolio Manager encompasses direct responsibility for the property and asset management of a sub-portfolio of assets, as well as oversight and co-ordination of a team of asset managers who will property and asset manage their own sub-portfolios. The Portfolio Manager reports to the Head of Portfolio.
Key duties include:
- Commercial property management
- Commercial asset management
- Technical property management
- Rent collection management
- Tenant management & correspondence
- Letting management (including sourcing new tenants and negotiating and preparing new leases and lease amendments
- Developing and implementing Asset Strategies with the goal to optimise income and costs and achieve value creation
- Complaint and general issue management
- Regular property site visits (applicant must be willing and able to travel regularly)
- Preparation of annual side costs reconciliations (SCR)
- Instruction and monitoring of maintenance, repairs and CAPEX works
- Steering of Facility Managers, Center Managers, Housekeepers and general third-party service providers
- Snagging and defect follow-up management
- General regular reporting (in German and English)
- Bank reporting
- Annual budget planning and preparation (in German and English)
- Data input and management for Property Management and Management Information systems
- Oversight responsibility for a sub-team of asset managers
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar property and asset management role
- Experience managing a team of employees
Critical Competencies for Success
Greenman is a fast-paced company where excellent team working and organisational skills are necessary, as well as:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & Word
- Experience working with the PM software system “REALAX” a benefit
- Fluency in both German and English
- Has a people centric and “roll up your sleeves and get it done” work style
- Comfortable managing a team
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with a detailed oriented, partner-oriented and solutions driven mindset.